Who is responsible for handling personal data
Jockey GmbH is a company registered in Germany (registration number HRB943) with registered offices at Neustraße 12 D-72379 Hechingen, Germany. This policy explains how Jockey GmbH, through third party providers such as Shopify, Order Desk, and Amazon will use personal data provided by you in connection with this Website. Unless otherwise stated the words "we", "our", and "us" used in this Policy will relate to Jockey GmbH.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us via the 'contact us' section below.
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
The personal data we collect about you
When you browse or make purchases from this Website we may collect the following personal data about you:
- name, sex, age and date of birth;
- billing and delivery postal addresses, phone, fax and e-mail details; where you have registered with us;
- user name and password;
- where you place an order with us
- payment card details;
- communication and shopping preferences; and
- browsing and online shopping activities.
We may also collect some or all of the above personal data about you when you access and browse this Website. We may also collect some or all of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
How we may store and use your information
Jockey GmbH through third party data processors and partners acting on our behalf may collect, store and process your personal data:
- to make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- with your agreement, to contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you and for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- to provide Jockey GmbH’s goods and services to you and for associated purposes, including verifying your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes; and
- for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
We may share data with Jockey GmbH for the above purposes
Shopify Payments will process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through this Website and on Jockey GmbH's behalf, in certain instances, disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you. When you place an order on this site, we offer to retain your payment card details for your convenience to save you having to re-enter these details on a future occasion. However, if you prefer that we do not maintain these details, you may opt out of these services.
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to the Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
In the event that a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition. Furthermore, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to third parties as part of any business or asset sale carried out because we have gone into insolvency or any similar situation, but only where lawful and compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may also disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
Personalised banner advertising
If you browse this Website, you may receive personalised banner advertisements while browsing other reputable websites. We are committed to providing you with information on products and offers which are relevant to you. Any banner advertisements you receive will relate to products which have been viewed while browsing this Website on your computer or other device.
Targeted updates and marketing
If you have agreed that we can contact you for marketing purposes we may send you emails and other communications relating to products and services which we think will be of interest and relevance to you as an individual. We do this by monitoring the browsing and online shopping habits of customers and providing them with information on products they have viewed and related products.
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this Website are set by our suppliers who partner with us to help deliver a high quality website and on-line shopping experience, and other third parties. Some cookies are set by or on behalf of Jockey GmbH and are necessary to enable customers to a make purchases on our website.
Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in affiliate marketing programs. None of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of the Website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
- To enable Jockey GmbH to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable Jockey GmbH meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
We, and our third party provider, use industry standard security protections to encode personal data that you send to us when placing an order through the Website. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal data to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
However, please note that while we take appropriate measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition, we recommend the following measures to enhance your online safety:
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best.
- Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained.
- It is good to frequently change your password. You can do this by going to 'My Account' and clicking 'Change name, email or password',
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from us, any third party provider, or http://jockey.co.uk asking you to do so, please ignore it, do not open the e-mail and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law;
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact us section of this website.
However, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we or may send you, you can easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we may have sent to you.
Third party sites
Updates to this policy
If you have any questions, please contact us either at: JockeyUKService@yahoo.com or 0800 092 1089.